Unfortunately, crime is a huge problem in the United States and has been so almost since its inception. Criminal justice lawyers make a pretty penny in a country that has the highest prison population in the world. Here are a few facts that you should know if you have found yourself in need of one of the best criminal lawyers.
1. The first civilizations more often then not did not distinguish between civil law and criminal law. Bigger cities and governments has necessitated distinguishing between the two in more recent centuries. This separation has accounted for the more recent necessity of criminal defense firms who employ the best criminal defence lawyers and federal criminal attorneys.
2. Capital punishment, for example the death penalty, may be imposed in some jurisdictions for the most serious crimes. There are states like New York where the practice goes in and out of legislation every couple of years depending who is sitting in the government at the time.
3. Actus reus is Latin for guilty act and is the physical element of committing a crime. This generally includes the proof that id required to commit someone of an accused crime.
4. Many criminal codes, including battery, assault, rape and sexual abuse, protect the physical integrity of the body.
5. Though this statistic may be very surprising considering the extreme popularity of procedural crime shows in the United States, less than 10 percent of criminals commit about 67 percent of all crime. In spite of this statistic, criminal justice lawyers are never in want of work. Ger more information on this topic here.